The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Best When Played Loud

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Best When Played Loud Posted: Oct 2, 2003 1:11 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Best When Played Loud
Feed Title: Travis Griggs - Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/travis-rss.xml
Feed Description: This TAG Line is Extra
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Travis Griggs - Blog

Advertisement
It just having been my birthday, I asked my family for odd gifts this year. I wanted to "collect" all of the Flim & the BB's CDs ever done. For the last week, they've been arriving onesie-twosies in the email from various used online CD resalers around the globe. I first heard these guys in 1986 and was so tripped out by their music that I've never forgotten them.

If you liked New Age or Fusion/Instrumental Jazz, these guys (and their founder Billy Barber) are a must have. And then you have to play it real loud to really appreciate it. Yes, I've heard the Rippingtons, Fleck and Bellatones, etc. IMO, Billy Barber (and later when he hooked up with Flim and other BB) made some of the best jazz/new age music ever. Rediscovering them in their entirety for the last week has been choice.

Update: I have recieved my final 2 CD's. These guys rock!

Read: Best When Played Loud

Topic: Smalltalk Productivity Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How much code is that?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use