The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Cool OS X App

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Cool OS X App Posted: Feb 28, 2006 12:14 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Cool OS X App
Feed Title: Travis Griggs - Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/travis-rss.xml
Feed Description: This TAG Line is Extra
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Travis Griggs - Blog

Advertisement

History repeats itself. Found (was referred to) a very cool OSX app today. glterminal is a full screen terminal for OSX. That's not the cool part.

The cool part is when you open Session Preferences and go to the Renderer tab, and select "ClassicTerminal." This is so cool. So very retro. It limits your "terminal" to amber, green, or white. It lets you put "curvature" on the glass. You can add flicker. You can even see the scan lines in the characters. I died of laughter. You can even turn on baud emulation so things go kind of slow. Sitting there watching top run in curvy, flickery, grainy, amberchrome glory was quite the flashback.

The only thing I was missing was the lines I used to draw on the glass with a permanent highlighter. Lines that marked columns 1, 2-5, 6, and 73-80. Don't know why I did that? Easy. Fortran had different interprations of source code text, based on what column the character was in. And if you did a lot of it, it became handy to just put "guides" right on your monitor to avoid making a mistake.

I would make it my default terminal, but it doesn't seem to want to render some punctuation characters such as / and *.

Read: Cool OS X App

Topic: WS* Rot Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ruby is so cool

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use