The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Embedding ActiveX Controls in Cincom Smalltalk.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Embedding ActiveX Controls in Cincom Smalltalk. Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:59 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Embedding ActiveX Controls in Cincom Smalltalk.
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

We are in the process of getting ObjectStudio 8 ready for early access - if having a look at that (and getting us feedback) is of interest to you, then send me email. I intend to push out a screencast on this later eventually, but in the meantime, here are a few screenshots. First, ObjectStudio running inside VW - click through for a larger image:

ObjectStudio 8

Now for the cool stuff - I loaded the OLE support into ObjectStudio, using the ObjectStudio tools, and then loaded a demonstration - hat tip to Mark Grinnell (our lead OST engineer). Here's what the ObjectStudio launcher looks like after loading those - a little unfamiliar to VW users:

ObjectStudio Launcher

Now, launching the IE demo - that pops up a window with the IE HTML control embedded in it. Again, you can click through for a larger image:

IE Control in ObjectStudio

Now, that's running inside the ObjectStudio image, which itself is running inside VisualWorks. Which means that - once this is ready (and I need to emphasize that we at early alpha levels right now) - you'll be able to make use of this as either an ObjectStudio or a VisualWorks developer. Very cool stuff. Here's the ObjectStudio code, seen in the Refactoring Browser (again, click through for a larger image):

IE Control in ObjectStudio

Read: Embedding ActiveX Controls in Cincom Smalltalk.

Topic: Personality Styles in Adopting Agile Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Rule of Three

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use