The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Removing a Package from Store

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Removing a Package from Store Posted: Jan 24, 2006 7:19 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Removing a Package from Store
Feed Title: Travis Griggs - Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/travis-rss.xml
Feed Description: This TAG Line is Extra
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Travis Griggs - Blog

Advertisement

Been a while. BottomFeeder/Line was broken. Thanks as usual to James for getting it working again. He should charge support. Or not...

Anyway, the other day I needed to remove the latest version of a package. The (primitive) Store garbage collection tools don't really allow this easily. They'll remove everything before a certain date, but not after. I have StoreForGlorp loaded for the occasional replication, I decided I'd see if I couldn't appreciate some of its other uses. Any of the handy things about StoreForGlorp is that if you hang out on the #smalltalk irc channel, you get access to the 24-7 StoreForGlorp support group, staffed by Alan Knight and Martin Kobetic. With a little help, I opened the StoreWorkbook and ran:

session delete: (session read: StorePackage where: [:each | each name = 'SUnitToo' & each version = '21]) first

The only tricky part was discovering that you can't use an and:. It does weird things. I'll "clean" my repositories with Glorp from now on (sounds like a soap commercial from the 70's, huh?).

Read: Removing a Package from Store

Topic: Disintermediation at work Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Finalists for the 16th Annual Jolt Product Excellence & Productivity Awards

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use