The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Dogfooding - not yet?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Dogfooding - not yet? Posted: Jan 10, 2006 4:24 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Dogfooding - not yet?
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Via Cook Computing, I see that MS staff are still pumping out utilities in C++:

4: Is DVD Maker written in managed code?

A: No. Yes, it is ironic that I spent so much time on C# and then spent a ton of time writing something in C++ code. Everybody on the team is a believer in managed code, and we hope we'll be able to use it for future projects.

I'm with Charles Cook on this one - more dogfooding would be a lot more impressive than the hype machine surrounding Vista. Reminds me of a ParcPlace engineer, way back in the VW 2.0 timeframe - he announced (internal mailing list) of his pride and joy - a brand new (code) browser (written in the legacy UI framework). I recall slagging him for it, for the same reasons that Charles posted this: it lets slip the idea that if even the experts still use the old stuff, there must be a reason for it.

Read: Dogfooding - not yet?

Topic: Easier Access to BottomFeeder Builds Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Refusing to identify the problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use