The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Working at Home

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Working at Home Posted: Dec 20, 2005 10:00 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Working at Home
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Generally, I love working out of my home office - it would take a lot to get me back to the commuting/office style of things. However, it's not all peaches and cream - I'm constantly reminded of this Dilbert Strip, which I taped to my door - all the frames are the same, and Dilbert is talking to Ratbert and Dogbert:

CAPTION: What the Work-At-Home Person Says

DILBERT: Don't disturb me unless the house is on fire.

PANEL TWO

CAPTION: What the Rest of the Family Hears

DILBERT: I am your servant. My specialty is killing spiders.

PANEL THREE

CAPTION: What the spiders hear

DILBERT: The house is full of wounded flies.

I thought of that when I read this WSJ piece on the travails of the work at home person. I don't have trouble with my company - Cincom is actually pretty good about that, partly because we have so many work at home staffers. However, it took me a few years to convince my wife and daughter that I was, in fact, working in my office. Which is why that Dilbert strip ended up on the door :)

Read: Working at Home

Topic: How to kill real voices Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: iTanic - a cautionary tale

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use