The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Aardvark'd: 12 weeks with geeks

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Aardvark'd: 12 weeks with geeks Posted: Dec 13, 2005 3:28 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Aardvark'd: 12 weeks with geeks
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

I just had the pleasure of watching Fogcreek's movie about their Aardvark project with summer interns. And I do mean pleasure.

I really enjoyed the easy going nature of the film and the message of excitement that was conveyed. One critical moment in the film is when one of the interns inspects his tomato plant tree - at this moment you can see the geek in all of us has nothing to do with programming per se.. we just take an intense interest in 'things' to a degree that bores most other people.

I have to say though that I felt the movie lacked some depth. We didn't really get to know the interns that well and we never got to see any of their 'aha' moments. Surely these guys had crazed moments of genius thashing something out on a whiteboard with their peers. Sadly, those moments were not documented (or perhaps not understood by the film maker?).

Regardless, the movie is a fun watch and does Fogcreek justice - and quite possibly doing more to promote their new piece of software "Copilot" than any thing else.

(btw, shipping to Australia was quite snappy)

Read: Aardvark'd: 12 weeks with geeks

Topic: Living in the Past Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Living in the Past

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use