The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Experimenting with Google AdSense

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jared Richardson

Nickname: jaredr

Jared Richardson is an author, speaker, and consultant who enjoys working with Ruby and Rails.
Experimenting with Google AdSense Posted: Dec 11, 2005 3:07 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Jared Richardson.
Original Post: Experimenting with Google AdSense
Feed Title: Jared's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.jaredrichardson.net/blog/index.rss
Feed Description: Jared's weblog. The web site was created after the launch of the book "Ship It!" and discusses issues from Continuous Integration to web hosting providers.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Jared Richardson
Latest Posts From Jared's Weblog

Advertisement

I'm curious to see how Google's AdSense works, so I'm trying this page out.

I'm not sure if this works better than the header block (which may or may not be in the version you are looking at right now). I might remove the image/text mixed ad block and put in a text block (like exists in this blog entry).

Over the next week or so, I'll try out a few different formats and see what is the least intrusive but still effective.

I'm not looking to be a professional blogger, but it would be nice to cover some basic hosting costs and maybe even pay for a toy or two. Google AdSense seems to be the most popular and painless way to experiment with this type of revenue ex blog.

However, since Google won't let anyone talk about how much money they pay out, I have no idea if this is a complete waste of time. But I thought I should at least let everyone know why the ads are appearing. Just an experiment.

I was on the fence until I saw this page which made it sound very simple... and it was.

What do you think? Is it hideous? Does it detract from the message? Annoy you greatly? :)

Seriously, let me know if this annoys everyone. If I get dozens of emails complaining, they can be removed quickly. I'll take silence as approval or indifference.

Jared

Read: Experimenting with Google AdSense

Topic: Nonstop Conference Calls Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Jumping the Shark

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use