The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Finally, a working Dev Build

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Finally, a working Dev Build Posted: Oct 30, 2005 11:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Finally, a working Dev Build
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

I've been working to get a functional development build ready all morning. It turns out that there were two issues to be addressed, due to changes that Michael and the SwS guys had made in the NetResources library, and in WithStyle itself.

First off, the NR libraries had eliminated all references to the Twoflower HTML parser. As it happens, the replacement parser isn't ready for that step yet - there's lots of HTML it doesn't handle yet, so the result was content that we couldn't display unless LibTidy (A C library) did it for us. That was a problem, and I addressed it by making the relevant code invoke the old Tf parser as a last resort. Voila - it works!

The other problem was due to API changes made in WithStyle. I've implemented a parallel API for document loading in the Blog poster - the default API forks a few processes, and I wanted to be able to catch exceptions (and toss the poster into plain view mode) if a downloaded post was just too messy to handle. I did that quite awhile ago, and there were a few subtle changes in the latest WithStyle code that nuked my API. So, I walked through it again, patching it back up. I'm using the poster now, so clearly it's working again :)

I've got the new build uploading now, and it should be ready for download later today. Mind you, this only matters if you downloaded a full development build in the last few days - if you haven't, you should be fine with what you have now.

Read: Finally, a working Dev Build

Topic: There's a difference between "Can" and "Must" Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Clueless copyright issues

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use