The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Limited Releases aren't

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Limited Releases aren't Posted: Oct 21, 2005 3:51 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Limited Releases aren't
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Steve Rubelis down on Flock (something I haven't seen), but that's not really the point of this post. Here's the snippet from Steve that I want to look at:

Last night I tried out Flock, a new Mozilla-based browser that's getting a ton of buzz. The press is chiming in here too. Originally just a handful of people were invited to try Flock, which is in developer preview. Unfortunately, Flock installers quickly spread around town and the company released it out to everyone to try.

That last bit is important - Flock installers quickly spread around town. The error made by the Flock people is in the assumption that you can make a limited release available on the web. If you have something that well read people are going to look at - and comment on - then it will stop being a limited release within a few minutes. Which might be a problem, depending on whether your stuff was really ready for general release.

Bottom line - there's pretty much no such thing as a limited release anymore.

Read: Limited Releases aren't

Topic: Wikipedia and finding truth Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Wikipedia and finding truth

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use