The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Pop Quiz

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jared Richardson

Nickname: jaredr

Jared Richardson is an author, speaker, and consultant who enjoys working with Ruby and Rails.
Pop Quiz Posted: Sep 24, 2005 12:35 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Jared Richardson.
Original Post: Pop Quiz
Feed Title: Jared's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.jaredrichardson.net/blog/index.rss
Feed Description: Jared's weblog. The web site was created after the launch of the book "Ship It!" and discusses issues from Continuous Integration to web hosting providers.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Jared Richardson
Latest Posts From Jared's Weblog

Advertisement

I saw an interesting blog entry by Jimmy Nilsson this week and it made me stop and think.

The entry discusses a few current development topics and the buzz around each one, and I wondered how many people I knew would be familiar with each of the subjects. The people that I think would know are also the most effective and well-rounded developers I know.

How well-read are you? Are you staying up to date on the latest developments outside of your own silo of work? (There's a blog entry in the whole silo idea... if time permits I'll write that one up in the next week.) Are you slowly becoming a Technical Idiot Savant or are you staying current in your field?

Here's Jimmy's blog enty: Language innovations aren't unimportant after all?

Before you think I'm just pointing fingers, I hadn't heard of one of the topics either! :)

Enjoy!

Jared

btw, Will and I got a nice interview printed in the October edition of Software Development Magazine. It's a page within a nice article by Mike Reilly titled The Proof Is Out There. It's a portion of the podcast interview we did with Mike a month or two ago. Last month's editino had a very favorable review of the book as well! -jrr

Read: Pop Quiz

Topic: Personal Transformation Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ship It! enters it's second printing!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use