The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Relative Importance of Features

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Relative Importance of Features Posted: Sep 21, 2005 11:29 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Relative Importance of Features
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

I need to toss a new survey up, but I figured I'd throw some ideas out here first. The winter release is approaching code freeze, so now is a good time to think about what we (the Cincom Smalltalk team) should be focusing on. I'm going to put a list up here - please respond in comments or via email. Feel free to bring up things I didn't list here - I don't pretend to have perfect knowledge of everything our customers and potential customers are thinking. So - what's most important to you:

• Interoperability with other environments/platforms (WS*, IIOP, etc)
  • Better GUI
  • Object/Relational database mapping
  • Simpler Application Deployment
  • Better Server Tools for Web Development
  • Better Server Tools for other sorts of application servers
  • Browser plugin support

That's hardly an exhaustive list, but it will do for starters. If you respond, make sure you tell me whether you are interested in ObjectStudio, VisualWorks, or both. If you currently use another Smalltalk environment, let me know what things we could/should do that would make us more attractive to you. Heck, if you aren't currently using Smalltalk, I have the same question.

Thanks!

Read: Relative Importance of Features

Topic: RDF, Web 2.0 and complexity, oh my Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Stylesheet update

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use