The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
DRM - costing customers

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
DRM - costing customers Posted: Sep 21, 2005 5:29 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: DRM - costing customers
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Chris Pirillo relates the difficulties that his wife had with various music devices (the iPod shuffle being one of them) - all because of DRM. The story is worth reading in its entirety, but here's the kicker for the management types who think DRM is "protecting" them:

The story ends up with me listening to my Shuffle of music and happily copying all that needed to be copied. I will have to catch up on the latest podcasts and audiobooks from my computer at home until I figure out the problem. I will confess for a split second thinking. "Dang, if I still had a CD player I could have burned the audiobook to a disc and listened to it that way." OMG how awful was that? I have three of the latest devices and I'm thinking of burning a CD. Now think about my poor Mom, how would she deal with all this tech drama. I'll tell you how, she wouldn't "fool around with it" until it was one button sync and play, a better alternative than whatever she uses now for music and more reliable with more features. If you find that device and the software that runs it please forward me the info. I need it. What devices do you use and how easy are they to work with?

Shorter: "Most people won't buy it at all". All that protection you get from DRM? Yeah - it's protecting you from revenues.

Read: DRM - costing customers

Topic: The V4 Pollock widget Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Make Money with Smalltalk

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use