The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
An evening in the harbor

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
An evening in the harbor Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:11 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: An evening in the harbor
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

We had a treat this afternoon and early evening - my cousin Eric works with a boat owner, Dave - here's a picture of the boat that my daughter took. This pic is from after the outing we took with Eric, his son Chad, and Dave:

Dave's boat at the pier

So, back to the beginning - we met Dave a month or so ago, before we went on our trips - Eric told us that he was interested in learning Puerto Rico. We didn't get to that game that evening, but we got a very pleasant boat outing this evening - and we'll get to the game at some point in the near future.

It's a very nice boat, and it was a wonderful day for an outing - sunny, not much breeze, clear blue skies. Here's an idea of what the day was like - my daughter took this while we were out:

View of the Harbor

We sat up on the prow of the boat for a fair bit of the trip - my daughter and nephew loved it up there, so Eric and I got out there as well. You get a great view of things from there, and a good breeze, depending on what the weather is like. Here's a shot of Eric and I up there:

Eric and I at the prow

After we pulled back into the pier, we sat upstairs for a bit and chatted before dinner. While we did that, Victoria got this shot of the sunset over Baltimore and the harbor:

Sunset over the harbor

I'll post a few more shots in the next post - my wife is just pulling some pics off of her camera.

Read: An evening in the harbor

Topic: Slow learners Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Agile Toolkit Podcast

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use