The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Clues for the completely clueless

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Clues for the completely clueless Posted: Aug 17, 2005 3:41 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Clues for the completely clueless
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Jeff Jarvis explains to Dell why their management/marketing response to customer complaints (not just him - they shut down their customer forums as well) is a really bad idea. Dell is running plays from a 1995 playbook. Sadly for them, it's 2005. Bad word of mouth doesn't just spread locally anymore - it crosses time zones in minutes.

I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: Define your message, or have it defined for you. Right now, Dell has been having their message defined for them due to a massive PR failure on the part of their management, marketing, and PR folks.

I've got 41 custom search feeds out there now, across multiple search engines and across multiple search terms that involve my company and our products. When a comment is made in the Blogosphere about any of that, I hear about it within minutes - and I respond via email or comments on the blog in question immediately, making it clear that a deeper conversation is possible if needed. Clearly, Dell doesn't realize just how crucial that sort of monitoring/response cycle is - and it's part of what's costing them money right now.

Read: Clues for the completely clueless

Topic: Software WithStyle at ESUG'05 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Smalltalk Solutions - Niall Ross' report

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use