The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Back to Bf work

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Back to Bf work Posted: Jul 16, 2005 1:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Back to Bf work
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

I had been doing work on the Silt server recently, and I just got back to some of my roadmap issues for the 4.0 release. This morning I polished off the handling for proxy redirects. That's a situation you get when you stay at a hotel, and buy 24 hours of service. When that expires, all http requests get redirected (permanently) to the "please buy it agan" page. Very nasty, especially when every feed you have gets redirected :/

So, I now take note of redirects, and if there are too many to the same url, the feeds get restored, Bf is taken offline, and the user is warned. Much nicer than hoping you have a backup handy. I also enhanced the Enclosure handling support - each feed now has a "should download enclosures" property. By default, it's set to true, but you can override that. So if you grab the latest Bf update and the latest EnclosureHandler plugin, you can set feeds to be ignored in the nightly download cycle.

So I'm down to two items in my roadmap - tabs in the html display, and a "define your own feed wizard" option. I think I'll tackle that one next.

Read: Back to Bf work

Topic: Mucking with CSS Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Dynamic Typing where Possible, Static Typing When Needed

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use