The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Why do they do this?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Why do they do this? Posted: Jul 13, 2005 3:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Why do they do this?
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

As my wife says, TV at this time of year is punishment for not going to the beach. Take last night, for instance - we decided to watch "Empire", which is allegedly about Octavius' (later, Caesar Augustus) rise to power. I say allegedly because of how last night's episode went. At the end, they had Octavius and Marc Antony exchanging "power of attorney" for each other, followed by Antony loosing an assassin on Octavius and a gathering of backers.

Except... according to what I found here (and other places), that's not how things went down at all. According to the sources I read, there was a lot of juggling for power, but most of it involved negotiation and - ultimately - power sharing. Nothing like the assassination attempt portrayed last night is mentioned in any of the sources I looked at.

Most people watching won't look any of the real history up - they'll just accept the portrayal as real. Which is really too bad.

Read: Why do they do this?

Topic: The unthinkable happens Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Not quite getting it

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use