The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Product marketing and the web

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Product marketing and the web Posted: Jul 12, 2005 1:17 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Product marketing and the web
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Spotted in Dana VanDen Heuvel

Rubin added joining the conversation is far better than not talking at all. He told the audience to expect negative brand commentary but that consumer brand evangelists who blog will also be on hand to counter negativity. The net is blogging offers a company a far richer, two way conversation than does traditional, top down, one way marketing communications.

I know it's sometimes hard to accept that there is some altruism in the blogosphere and that things will even out for good organizations, but on the whole, it's really true. You will have your evangelists and your vigilantes and they'll balance. We're so afraid of negativity that it becomes an unreasonable fear that impedes progress. Which brought me to the phrase I used for companies that aren't embracing blogging: "Years of tradition unhampered by progress." I hope that doesn't sum up your company. But if it does, there's hope. The first go-round might be painful, but open discussions with your customers are certain to aid progress! You need to hear the good, and the bad from your customers.

That first segment is something Dana quotes from another source. I especially like the bolded comment though - and it's very much the case. I think blogging and news tracking go hand in hand - you have to use an aggregator to "keep an ear to the ground" and find out what people are saying about you and/or your product. If you don't respond, someone else will.

Or put another way - define your product, or have others define it for you.

Read: Product marketing and the web

Topic: A New Look at Test Driven Development Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Sensory Overload

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use