The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Back from camping

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Back from camping Posted: Jul 9, 2005 5:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Back from camping
Feed Title: David Buck - Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/buck-rss.xml
Feed Description: Smalltalk can do that
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From David Buck - Blog

Advertisement

I'm back from camping a few days early. We decided to drive straight through from Moncton NB to Ottawa ON rather than stop for two overnights on the way back.

We had a bit of trouble with the weather. On July 1st, we had a storm at our campsite in Quebec which blew down our tent (with 90 km/h or 50 mph winds) and drenched our air mattresses. We stayed the night in a hotel in Quebec City. When we returned to our tent, we found that one of the poles of our tent had a foot-long split in it.We duct-taped it and though it was weaker, it worked for the rest of the trip.

We hit 4 provinces on our trip - Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. We could have made it 5 provices with a 15 minute drive, but it wasn't worth it just to make that claim.

We came back early because my son has a fever and a sore throat. It's easier to take care of him at home than on the road. We arrived in town at 4:30 am and (not unexpectedly), the boys are up at 7:00 am since they slept most of the way in the car. I guess I'll get some sleep sometime soon.

Read: Back from camping

Topic: Happy 4th of July Weekend! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Onward to Canberra - Part 2 of 2

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use