The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Who Moved My Cheese?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Watermasysk

Nickname: scottwater

Scott Watermasysk is an ASP.NET developers. He wrote the .Text blog engine.
Who Moved My Cheese? Posted: Apr 15, 2004 8:30 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Scott Watermasysk.
Original Post: Who Moved My Cheese?
Feed Title: ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/blog/rss.aspx
Feed Description: ASP.NET and Blogging
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Scott Watermasysk
Latest Posts From ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog

Advertisement

"Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old"

In preparation for a corporate trip, I just read "Who Moved My Cheese", by Spencer Johnson, M.D. Some of you might recognize Spencer's name. He is the co-author of another interesting book, "One Minute Manager".

It was a very insightful book about keeping your eyes' open and rolling with changes. As I read the book I could times in my life where I was smart enough to see the writing on the wall early early to "roll with it". I could also see different facets in my life, where maybe I was probably too timid. It goes without saying, the industry we (developers) work in is moving at an extraordinary pace. Add on top of that, the pace of change in normal life and it becomes obvious there really is no time to hesitate.

It's a rather short book and most people should be able to finish it in about an hour. I definitely think it will be an hour well spent.

Change Happens
They Keep Moving The Cheese
Anticipate Change
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move
Monitor Change
Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
Change
Move With The Cheese
Enjoy Change!
Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
Be Ready To Change Quickly And Employ It Again & Again
They Keep Moving The Cheese.

Read: Who Moved My Cheese?

Topic: Detection of SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting Attacks Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: C# Featurette #3 from Eric Gunnerson

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use