The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
NewsGator Media Center Edition

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Greg Reinacker

Nickname: gregr

Greg Reinacker is president of NewsGator Technologies
NewsGator Media Center Edition Posted: Apr 13, 2004 9:19 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Greg Reinacker.
Original Post: NewsGator Media Center Edition
Feed Title: Greg Reinacker's Weblog
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Greg Reinacker's Weblog
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Greg Reinacker
Latest Posts From Greg Reinacker's Weblog

Advertisement

By now you've probably seen the announcement for NewsGator Media Center Edition - we're very excited about this! There is a lot more info here, including lots of screenshots. Check it out! Here's one as a teaser:

Yep, that's a video stream from a RSS enclosure playing in the lower left corner. One more click of the remote, and it's full screen. (And yes, it's from Microsoft's Channel 9 video feed)

I think by itself, reading RSS feeds on your TV is interesting...but I also don't think anyone is going to use the TV as their sole source of text content - if you don't have a HDTV, it's a heck of a lot easier to read text on your computer screen. BUT...when you combine content like this on your TV, with the synchronization capabilities of NewsGator Online Services, you have a much more compelling story. Read/view some of your content on TV, including multimedia. Perhaps during commercials. :-) Read other (overlapping) content on your desk. Read some of it on your mobile phone. And the system keeps track, the whole time, of what you've read and where - so you don't have to waste time.

Whew! That sounded like a marketing blurb, right off of my own keyboard. Sorry about that. But come on, I have to say cool things about our new products! But maybe others can say it better - here are a couple of quotes from this morning:

RoudyBob - "They are way ahead of the game here."

Omar - "I've been using this for a few weeks and it's damned cool."

Matt - "This is very slick."

And I'll leave you with one more quote, from this morning's press release:

"NewsGator Media Center Edition is a great example of cutting edge ISV innovation on the Microsoft platform," said Sanjay Parthasarathy, corporate vice president of Developer and Platform Evangelism at Microsoft Corporation. "The deep integration of technologies like XML and RSS, combined with rich multimedia, and presented on a device as pervasive as the television, gives consumers access to the information they care about, where and when they want to view it, truly delivering on the vision of a connected home. We're proud to work with NewsGator to help bring this innovative application to market for our mutual customers."

Read: NewsGator Media Center Edition

Topic: [Book Review] Applied .NET Attributes Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: MVP Summit

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use