The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Microsoft Convention - Belgium

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
David Cumps

Nickname: cumpsd

David Cumps is a Belgian Student learning .NET
Microsoft Convention - Belgium Posted: Mar 23, 2004 1:27 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by David Cumps.
Original Post: Microsoft Convention - Belgium
Feed Title: David Cumps
Feed URL: http://weblogs.asp.net/cumpsd/rss?containerid=12
Feed Description: A Student .Net Blog :p
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by David Cumps
Latest Posts From David Cumps

Advertisement
Today I went to the Microsoft Convention, in Brussels, Belgium.

Today I'm also very sure I'm a developer rather than a marketing guy. This was a purely marketing based event, and it really wasn't anything that fits me.

But allright, I took some pictures. First we have Bruno Segers with the Opening.

Right after this came Kevin Johnson.

Followed by Scott Woodgate.

He had a talk with Geert Verbeeck, Chief Architect of Sidmar.

In the afternoon were some more talks by various companies, and about certain MS products.

I liked the talk about Microsoft CRM. It's a really nice solution from what I've seen, very user friendly. Can't tell anything about the implementation or developing for it, as I simply didn't see it, marketing-only event, remember ;)

There was a hands-on session for SharePoint also, I liked this as well. SharePoint is nice, so nicely integrated, and so easy to use. Now I understand why so many people develop for it. Also had to chance to use a Pocket PC during this lab. And I'm convinced I'll never buy on myself at the current state. I find them quite useless, but I'm not a busines person, so I don't need anything for my appointments.

Other then that, I don't have much to tell, I won't be going back to day 2, because I don't have the money, especially not for marketing-only. I wanted to try it out once, to see what a marketing-only event was like. And I'll stick to developer events from now on, on those I don't have enough time to see anything that interests me, and especially not to do any hands-on labs, cos I'll miss a session then. But today I had plenty of time, and it's true what they say: on a dev event, everyone's right on time, everybody is too early, on a marketing event, no-one is.

Took some quick picture of myself as well ;)

And, I got a nice gadget as well, a clock! Here's a pic with the clock along with the USB Flashlight from DevDays 2004:

Read: Microsoft Convention - Belgium

Topic: DevDays Wrap-Up Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Differences between PHP and ASP.NET

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use