The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
New and Notable 39

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sam Gentile

Nickname: managedcod

Sam Gentile is a Microsoft .NET Consultant who has been working with .NET since the earliest
New and Notable 39 Posted: Mar 17, 2004 7:04 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Sam Gentile.
Original Post: New and Notable 39
Feed Title: Sam Gentile's Blog
Feed URL: http://samgentile.com/blog/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: .NET and Software Development from an experienced perspective - .NET/CLR, Rotor, Interop, MC+/C++, COM+, ES, Mac OS X, Extreme Programming and More!
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Sam Gentile
Latest Posts From Sam Gentile's Blog

Advertisement

Two days before Spring, and with very little snow this winter, we got clobbered during the evening commute and night with a big snow storm that put about 10 inches on the ground. I'm so ready for Spring.

• Brian Johnson points to the uodated Visual C++ Frequently Asked Questions
  • My friend Mike Sax talks highly of the hosted Vault service offered through Orscweb. This seems to be a big win as I personally here have had hard disk failures which then of course toasted the SQL Server databases that Vault was using. Of course, I should be employing better backup but why not leave it to the Pros?This would keep my source safer.
  • Groove 3.0 Beta is out and in my initial quick look, I am very impressed. Groove has finally listened to customers and gotten rid of the clunky (and heavyweight) UI in favor of a lighter and more Messenger-like UI. It finally looks like other Windows apps and yes, finally obeys the same menu conventions. Performance seems quite  a bit better. A real cool new feature is the close integration with Windows shared files file sharing with your other (possibly disconnected) computers and other members of a shared space. Paresh points to a number of press releases.
  • Those who read these New and Notables know already of my respect (and emulation) for Mike as well as feeling he is the best writer/blogger out there. That is some of the many reasons I am excited about his new book Coder to Developer (which you can pre-order from Mike's site). This book looks outstanding, covering all the essential topics. I'm particuarly pleased with a complete chapter on Unit Testing, TDD and using NUnit.   Everything is in here from Patterns, to tools like Reflector, to choosing your source code provider to  code generation and much more. Highly recomended!

Read: New and Notable 39

Topic: Custom WordWrapper Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Welll that sucks...more quotas and limits on the Smart Watch

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use