The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
CodeSmith 2.5 Released!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jason Alexander

Nickname: jalexander

Jason Alexander is lead developer for Match.com.
CodeSmith 2.5 Released! Posted: Feb 25, 2004 7:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Jason Alexander.
Original Post: CodeSmith 2.5 Released!
Feed Title: Jason Alexander's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/jalexander/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Tales from the .NET trenches...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Jason Alexander
Latest Posts From Jason Alexander's Blog

Advertisement

I know this is a bit belated, but I've been busy. :) Looks like Eric released CodeSmith 2.5:

[CodeSmith 2.5 Released!]

CodeSmith 2.5 has now been released and, along with it, there is now a CodeSmith Professional version which currently includes CodeSmith Studio. All of the features and more from the previous versions remain freeware, but with the introduction of CodeSmith Professional some new features (CodeSmith Studio for now) will become part of the CodeSmith Professional version. CodeSmith Studio makes creating your own custom templates a LOT easier.

For those of you who don't know what CodeSmith is, CodeSmith is a FREEWARE template-based code generator that can generate code for any ASCII-based language. CodeSmith templates use a syntax nearly identical to ASP.NET syntax so that creating templates should feel immediately familiar to ASP.NET developers.

This version includes a great new release on the free version of the engine and IDE integration, but the biggest thing with this release is the new CodeSmith Studio IDE. I've been using it for awhile now in Beta, and I have to say - it's awesome! A definite must use tool. I use this on all my projects these days to generate all the CRUD stuff (but, of course, it has many other uses, as well)!

Go get it! http://www.ericjsmith.net/codesmith/

Read: CodeSmith 2.5 Released!

Topic: ASP.NET ViewState: Pox on mankind? Or clever like a fox? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Book] Extreme programming adventures in C#

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use