The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Compatability with Whidbey

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jonathan Crossland

Nickname: jonathanc

Jonathan Crossland is a software architect for Lucid Ocean Ltd
Compatability with Whidbey Posted: Feb 20, 2004 9:05 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Jonathan Crossland.
Original Post: Compatability with Whidbey
Feed Title: Jonathan Crossland Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.jonathancrossland.com/syndication.axd
Feed Description: Design, Frameworks, Patterns and Idioms
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Jonathan Crossland
Latest Posts From Jonathan Crossland Weblog

Advertisement

I received an email asking if their existing code would be broken if they upgrade to Whidbey in the future.
The answer simply is "not really". I am sure that MS will be doing everything they can to make sure compatibility is strong.

You can mainly thank the fact that it is a Framework for that.

The design of the .NET Framework makes it easier for MS, to enhance existing and create new base classes to extend its behavior.

Most of this will be compatible. The DataGrid however (I believe) will be considered obsolete. A case where the component was not able to be agile enough to be moved on? if that was the case or not, generally I think a well designed framework, does not suffer in the same way as a component when it comes to extending.

Read: Compatability with Whidbey

Topic: .NET Nightly 113 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Objectspaces vs Data*

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use