The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Napster's back!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jason Alexander

Nickname: jalexander

Jason Alexander is lead developer for Match.com.
Napster's back! Posted: Nov 3, 2003 1:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Jason Alexander.
Original Post: Napster's back!
Feed Title: Jason Alexander's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/jalexander/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Tales from the .NET trenches...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Jason Alexander
Latest Posts From Jason Alexander's Blog

Advertisement

A few weeks ago I saw where everyone was posting about the new iTunes for Windows. I checked it out. It seemed pretty cool. But, with the re-release of a paying version of Napster, I was really intrigued with it, so I went and downloaded. I have to say, I've been very impressed.

Some of the cool features:

• Secure WMA support.
  • Built-in Roxio for CD burning.
  • Built-in player with playlists, etc...
  • Streaming radio stations.
  • Great interface for surfing and finding new albums. You get the cross-sell functionality of “People who liked this also liked:“ which always gets me. I'm easy.
  • And, this was huge for me: You can sync your collection back to three computers. So, I can buy albums at home. Go to work on Monday and sync them up there without having to lug them around or pay for them again.

The pricing is pretty decent. You can pay $9.99/month for “Premium” service where you get full access to streaming radio stations (ala listen.com). Otherwise, you only pay .99c/song or $9.99/album.

All-and-all, though: Pretty frickin' cool, I must say. Check it out! http://www.napster.com

Read: Napster's back!

Topic: PDC - Tips for Giving a Great Presentation - actually used! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Avalon, Automation and Accessibility

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use