The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Indigo: Its not just for Longhorn

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Watermasysk

Nickname: scottwater

Scott Watermasysk is an ASP.NET developers. He wrote the .Text blog engine.
Indigo: Its not just for Longhorn Posted: Oct 29, 2003 3:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Scott Watermasysk.
Original Post: Indigo: Its not just for Longhorn
Feed Title: ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/blog/rss.aspx
Feed Description: ASP.NET and Blogging
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Scott Watermasysk
Latest Posts From ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog

Advertisement
I Finally got around to see Don give an Indigo talk earlier today.

By now you have probably heard most of the gory details, so I will just shed some light on where/when Indigo is expect to be available

The keynote focused a lot of attention on Longhorn and Indigo…enough so that I was under the impression that to use Indigo, you had to wait until Longhorn was released. However, that is not true. According to Don, Indigo will support not only Longhorn (and future versions) it will also support Windows XP and Windows 2003. For non-Longhorn machines it will require a separate install, but I can live with that. Unfortunately, there will be no support for Indigo on Windows 2000. Considering the targeted release date is some where in-between the release of Whidbey and the release of Longhorn (2004 to 2005) this would seem to make sense. The availability of Indigo on non-Longhorn machine greatly enhances my interest in the short term.

Read: Indigo: Its not just for Longhorn

Topic: IDE improvements in VS.NET Whidbey for ASP.NET Development - TLS341 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: PDC Information Overload

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use