The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
PDC - Expo Hall Reception + Fun with NUnitAddIn

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Peter G Provost

Nickname: pprovost

Peter G Provost is a Solution Architect for Interlink Group in Denver, CO.
PDC - Expo Hall Reception + Fun with NUnitAddIn Posted: Oct 28, 2003 12:46 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Peter G Provost.
Original Post: PDC - Expo Hall Reception + Fun with NUnitAddIn
Feed Title: Peter Provost's Geek Noise
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Technology news, development articles, Microsoft .NET, and other stuff...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Peter G Provost
Latest Posts From Peter Provost's Geek Noise

Advertisement

After Don's talk I followed the masses into the Exposition Hall for beer, food, chats and of course, free stuff!

Bumped into a bunch of people I hadn't met before... had a good discussion with one of the WinFS guys.. and drank too many free beers. :)

At 9:00, the conference staff started working us to the door and I needed to head off to my first BOF of the day. But I didn't get there.

As I was heading to "Open Source Portals: IBS/DotNetNuke/Rainbow" when I bumped into Paolo Marcucci and Jamie Cansdale. Paolo and I first met on Sunday and we were hanging out chatting and watching his Longhorn install creep along. Jamie, of course is the author of NUnitAddin.

As Paolo and I were standing there talking about who knows what, Jamie was playing around in VS.NET. "Look at this," he quietly interjected.

Paolo and I leaned in to see what he was doing. If you haven't seen or used NUnitAddin, then you are missing out. Even if you don't use NUnit, you can take advantage of this tool.

What Jamie was showing us, however, is new code that he hasn't released yet. He has added some amazing new features, most notably the following (and I only saw it over his shoulder for 2 minutes):

- A tree view of the tests in the current class
- The ability to step into code for which you have no source. It shows the IL right in the editor window.

WOW! That is cool. I asked Jamie to give me an hour demo today of how to really use NUnitAddIn because I don't think I really get it. I mean, I use it, but in those two minutes I realized that I don't really know what I'm doing. I'll try to get that to happen today and maybe later I'll write an article about it.

Read: PDC - Expo Hall Reception + Fun with NUnitAddIn

Topic: Blog Mode On Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: KeyNote feed - live from the PDC (RSS feed, that is)

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use