The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Internal Preparations for the PDC

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Tim Sneath

Nickname: timsneath

Tim Sneath is a .NET developer for Microsoft in the UK.
Internal Preparations for the PDC Posted: Oct 16, 2003 11:06 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Tim Sneath.
Original Post: Internal Preparations for the PDC
Feed Title: Tim Sneath's Blog
Feed URL: /msdnerror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/tims/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Random mumblings on Microsoft, .NET, and other topics.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Tim Sneath
Latest Posts From Tim Sneath's Blog

Advertisement

Several things mark the forthcoming PDC out from other Microsoft conferences I've attended:

• The fact that it's sold out so quickly, wildly ahead of expectations in this difficult economic climate. (That's not marketing fluff - we would definitely have planned for additional capacity if we'd known in advance that it would be so popular.)
  • That we're giving out bits without requiring NDA for a major Windows revision that won't be released for another two years.
  • The number of dress rehearsals that are taking place all over campus for the breakout sessions. I certainly don't recall this happening at previous PDCs - perhaps I just wasn't on the right internal mailing lists before, but most of the sessions are being run for internal audiences with the aim of getting as much constructive feedback as possible to hone the sessions still further.

If you're not going to the PDC, you'll still be able to get much of the technical detail by identifying attending bloggers whom you trust. I'm planning to post my notes here each day, and you'll be able to read others' opinions at pdcbloggers.net. Only ten days to go!

Read: Internal Preparations for the PDC

Topic: Cleveland .NET SIG Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: John Lennon would cry - SOAP == Peace?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use