The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
kX Driver Project

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Brad Wilson

Nickname: dotnetguy

Brad Wilson is CTO of OneVoyce, Inc.
kX Driver Project Posted: Oct 12, 2003 9:03 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Brad Wilson.
Original Post: kX Driver Project
Feed Title: The .NET Guy
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/dotnetguy/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: A personal blog about technology in general, .NET in specific, and when all else fails, the real world.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Brad Wilson
Latest Posts From The .NET Guy

Advertisement

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the Creative sound drivers. Someone recommended that I look at the kX Driver Project and see if I liked them instead.

The philosophy here is that the Creative cards are solid hardware wise, but the drivers are less than optimal for some things. In particular, they have high latency, which is bad for people using them in a professional recording situation. These kX drivers are really designed for people who can benefit from low latency drivers.

Turns out, they're a really great set of drivers, and excellent for gaming with. If you have a Creative sound card and you play games, you ought to check them out. While they are not "officially" certified for Windows 2003, they work just fine for me (and of course, they work great on Windows XP).

// Now playing: Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Petty Larceny //

Read: kX Driver Project

Topic: The feed of all feeds (literally!) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Being Don Malkovich

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use