The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Live by the Blog, Die by the Blog

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Korby Parnell

Nickname: korbyp

Korby Parnell is Programming Writer for Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and Visual Studio .NET
Live by the Blog, Die by the Blog Posted: Sep 25, 2003 3:06 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Korby Parnell.
Original Post: Live by the Blog, Die by the Blog
Feed Title: Korby Parnell
Feed URL: /msdnerror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/korbyp/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Copyright 2003 Korby Parnell Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:03:48 GMT ChrisAn's BlogX korbyp@microsoft.com korbyp@microsoft.com Alex Lowe Joins Microsoft http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/korbyp/permalink.aspx/536bb108-6a66-4dc6-8847-69f4d799bb55 http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/korbyp/permalink.aspx/536bb108-6a66-4dc6-8847-69f4d799bb55 Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:03:48 GMT From ASP.NET MVP to Microsoft .NET Evangelist.  Success is the domain of good guys.  Welcome aboard Alex.  I look forward to meeting you in person.  Thanks to ScottW for posting the big announcement. Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no otorga ningún derecho.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Korby Parnell
Latest Posts From Korby Parnell

Advertisement

If you read my weblog on occasion, you may have noticed that I have steadfastly avoided the blogger clique: the Ruby's, the Winers, the Scobles.   I have not taken a position on the RSS wars (unless you count linking to Don Box but not Sam or Dave) and I haven't dragged my readers into the daily, digital fray.  Instead, I have attempted to maintain a laser-like focus on versioning and source control technology.  I focus on a single subject--most of the time--because that's what I know and that's where my cycles can benefit the most number of people.  My blog is not an immortality project or a soapbox.  Rather, it as a microphone that I am honored to use for as long as the MC will allow. I don't use it to disseminate my political views, scream in the wilderness, or talk just to hear myself talk. I treat it as an information medium, as a channel for communicating ideas, and as a sounding board for the documentation that I write for VSS and Visual Studio.  Increasingly, my blogroll is populated by like-minded, domain-specific weblogs that are written by real people with interesting ideas and a serious agenda; people like Scott Mitchell, Raymond Chen, Craig Skibo, and Clay Shirky.

I hope that you find value in my approach to weblogging. 

At the other end of the blogging spectrum is a fellow Microsoft employee, the comically famous and infamous Robert Scoble, a man with as many opinions as ideas as words as fragmentary thoughts as run-on sentences as friends as detractors who finds order and meaning for his chaotic life in the form of a public diary that he calls a weblog. I haven't quite figured the guy out but I do know that Scoble's diary is like a cross between a Mozart symphony, an episode of Jerry Springer, the Wall Street Journal, and Sabado Gigante. It is exhausting, immersive, and at times, maddening. It is a modern serial in the Dickensian tradition. It is linksalicious. Steve says that "Scoble is a human aggregator."

More and more, it seems that Robert Scoble has become a lightning rod for Microsoft.  He is our blogger-laureate. Today, he writes,

"Microsoft-hater Ru$$ell Beattie says "M$ SmartPhones Catching Up."

Heh, maybe I should change my name to $cobleizer.

Update: Russell doesn't want me linking to his site anymore, so he's redirecting my site to a different place. You'll have to enter his URL into your browser by hand. Ahh, the fun."

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when reading the comments for this post. Typical Scobleizer.

Until today, I have kept Robert Scoble at arm's length. No more. My blogroll needs a little spice.  Robert, welcome the WunderkammerSubscribed.  Semper blog, dude. 

++++++++++++++++++++++

Ce message est fourni en l’état, sans garantie d’aucune sorte, et ne vous confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation.

Read: Live by the Blog, Die by the Blog

Topic: Visual Basic Decodes Human Genome Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Java is the SUV of Programming Languages or Phillip Greenspun is a stud

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use