The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
OpenPGP.NET - Part 2.5 - CVS Problems

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Peter G Provost

Nickname: pprovost

Peter G Provost is a Solution Architect for Interlink Group in Denver, CO.
OpenPGP.NET - Part 2.5 - CVS Problems Posted: Sep 18, 2003 2:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Peter G Provost.
Original Post: OpenPGP.NET - Part 2.5 - CVS Problems
Feed Title: Peter Provost's Geek Noise
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Technology news, development articles, Microsoft .NET, and other stuff...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Peter G Provost
Latest Posts From Peter Provost's Geek Noise

Advertisement

Shortly after writing my last OpenPGP.NET post I decided that I should probably go ahead and push the code base into my CVS repository.

An interesting thing happened that I had heard about but not actually seen...

I had created an empty solition called OpenPGP. Within that I created two class library projects, one called "Core" and one called "UnitTests".

All was well with this until I tried to add it to CVS. Because of CVS' UNIX heritage, it doesn't like files (or folders) named Core. (For those of you who haven't done much UNIX development, core files are dumped to the file system when an app crashes -- also known as a core dump.)

I remember reading somewhere that there is a way around this but it made me think about whether Core was really a good name for this project.

I decided "Framework" was better so I renamed the folder, changed the name of the namespace (for consistency sake) and updated all the references.

Now CVS likes it just fine. Whew.

Read: OpenPGP.NET - Part 2.5 - CVS Problems

Topic: MSDN TV on WSE 2.0 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How the subroutine got its parenthesis

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use