The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
OpenPGP.NET

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Peter G Provost

Nickname: pprovost

Peter G Provost is a Solution Architect for Interlink Group in Denver, CO.
OpenPGP.NET Posted: Sep 14, 2003 10:22 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Peter G Provost.
Original Post: OpenPGP.NET
Feed Title: Peter Provost's Geek Noise
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Technology news, development articles, Microsoft .NET, and other stuff...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Peter G Provost
Latest Posts From Peter Provost's Geek Noise

Advertisement

A while back I posted about an OpenPGP for .NET implementation called SharpPrivacy. Until recently I hadn't had much time to go over the code with a serious eye. I spent 4 or 5 hours this weekend going through it and although it is fairly complete, the code isn't structured very well. Additionally there is a bunch of copied straight from the mono source that is redundant with the code in System.Security,Cryptography.

So, all of that said, I decided to start my open OpenPGP implementation in C#. I'm going to use as much CLR provided functionality as possible to minimize code size. I'm also going to be implementing it in a test-driven fashion, so it should have a nice rich set of checked examples (aka unit tests).

I will probably use the SharpPrivacy code base as a reference at the beginning but since that project is GPL (not LGPL) I don't want to include any of its code in this project. I want this project to be open source, but not as restricted as GPL projects (e.g. commercial use). Anyone want to suggest a licence? I kind of like the Artistic License and the BSD License.

I'm thinking about naming the project OpenPGP.NET, but that domain name is taken. That isn't really too important, but it would be nice to have a place to park this project if it goes well. Suggestions?

Also, I'd love to have another person to work on this project with me. I'm not going to release the code to the public until I feel it is actually usable, but I would love to have another person or two to code with. If you're interested, drop me an email.

Read: OpenPGP.NET

Topic: Lots of Interaction Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: New .NET Rocks

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use