The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
PM Duties: A new awakening

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Eric Gunnerson

Nickname: ericgu

Eric Gunnerson is a program manager on the Visual C# team
PM Duties: A new awakening Posted: Aug 26, 2003 9:32 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Eric Gunnerson.
Original Post: PM Duties: A new awakening
Feed Title: Eric Gunnerson's C# Compendium
Feed URL: /msdnerror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/ericgu/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Eric comments on C#, programming and dotnet in general, and the aerodynamic characteristics of the red-nosed flying squirrel of the Lesser Antilles
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Eric Gunnerson
Latest Posts From Eric Gunnerson's C# Compendium

Advertisement

Last Friday, I worked a bit on the project templates, and then went home. Monday morning, I went on a bike ride, and then went to work. Somewhere in between, I stopped being a the pm responsible for the project system and community and started being the C# compiler PM.

It all started this spring, when one of our PMs decided to leave Microsoft and go back to school. The proximity of his school to his girlfriend made this a bit less of a surprise, but left us somewhat understaffed. So Anson Horton, our current compiler PM, started working on both the compiler and the IDE, which made him a fair bit too busy.

We interviewed a few candidates for the compiler PM position, but as it requires a unique combination of talents - somebody who is passionate about the C# language and has some idea of what you need to do to build a good language - we didn't find anybody. I spent a little time thinking about it, and then decided I was interested in the position.

So, as of this Monday, I'm back on the C# design team, this time as a PM instead of the test lead that I was when we were first developing the C# language. On Monday afternoon, I found myself at the C# design meeting on the same day, same time, and even the same conference room where I spent so much time. I'm really excited to be back on the design team.

This will likely change the content of my blog, though I'm not exactly sure how it will change. I'd like to talk more about what really happens in a language design team, though there are some things I won't want to talk about, mostly because a lot of our discussions are about features that aren't finalized, and I don't people to expect things that we may not do.

Read: PM Duties: A new awakening

Topic: Mulder Goes on the DL Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: RSS Comments

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use