The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Do the simplest thing possible, but no simpler

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Watermasysk

Nickname: scottwater

Scott Watermasysk is an ASP.NET developers. He wrote the .Text blog engine.
Do the simplest thing possible, but no simpler Posted: Aug 19, 2003 7:21 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Scott Watermasysk.
Original Post: Do the simplest thing possible, but no simpler
Feed Title: ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog
Feed URL: /error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/blog/rss.aspx
Feed Description: ASP.NET and Blogging
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Scott Watermasysk
Latest Posts From ScottW's ASP.NET WebLog

Advertisement

Ted Leung points to an interesting interview (part 1) of Anders Hjelsberg on Artima.com.

The interview is mainly about the design and some of the choices that went into creating C#. Its very interesting to see some of the choices and logic applied when creating development language.

Ted points out a great quote by Anders:

"I'm a strong believer that if you don't have anything right to say, or anything that moves the art forward, then you'd better just be completely silent and neutral, as opposed to trying to lay out a framework."

I guess this goes back to what my mother said all of the time, "If you don't have anything nice to say..don't say anything". Who would have thought my mom and Anders would have so much in common :)

In part 1 of the interview, Anders mentions an internal wiki that is used for the design process. I would love to read that some day.

Read: Do the simplest thing possible, but no simpler

Topic: Where were you when the power went out? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Floating point follies followup

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use