The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Laptop batteries

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
Laptop batteries Posted: Feb 10, 2005 7:51 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: Laptop batteries
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Laptop life has been constant-ish, for years. You can get three or four hours out of a decent modern laptop; it used to be one or two, but it’s all of that order. Not enough for a full day without recharging. Do modern laptops use more power? They certainly do more stuff—CF readers, CD readers, better screens. Could you take a battery from a brand new laptop and use it to power your old P200 laptop for eight hours?
Well, of course you couldn’t, because they’re all different shapes. This is (charitably) because laptop designers need to craft everything specifically for each new model so that it all fits together as tightly as possible, to minimise size, or (uncharitably) so that you have to buy a new battery every time you buy a new laptop. But ignore that; imagine the shape and connections issues don’t come into it. Does a modern battery produce more power from the same size of battery? I imagine they do; technology marches on, after all. So if I took the battery from a brand new laptop and I put it in my old Toshiba Tecra 520CDT, which is a P166, would it run for eight hours? Or ten hours? Or 24 hours? It would be great if it would. Who knows about battery stuff?

Read: Laptop batteries

Topic: The winner of Thinkgeek.com's Techie Haiku Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Buffyology

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use