The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Managing pictures the elegant way

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christian Machmeier

Nickname: cmachmeier

Christian Machmeier is a web designer and developer in Heidelberg, Germany.
Managing pictures the elegant way Posted: Jan 18, 2005 11:43 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Christian Machmeier.
Original Post: Managing pictures the elegant way
Feed Title: .redSPLASH - Blog
Feed URL: http://businesslogs.com/WebLog/RSS.xml
Feed Description: Share what you know, learn what you don't
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Christian Machmeier
Latest Posts From .redSPLASH - Blog

Advertisement
Apple - iLife's iPhoto

Hey you Windows users, finally someone made it! Now, you too, have the opportunity to simply manage and enjoy the images taken with your digital camera.

Apple Macintosh users all over the world are enjoying the simplicity and comfort, given to them, offered by iPhoto (part of the iLife application suite) already for years now. And according to Steve Jobs' Keynote on Macworld Expo 2005 last Tuesday, iPhoto gets even better and better.

As matter of fact, I, myself use iPhoto for several months now. In the beginning, I was sceptical about the program's performance and its features, and therefore tried to find an appropriate substitute, but I didn't succeed. In the end, the case changed with the release of the update of Mac OS X 10.3.6 (in November '04), after which installation iPhoto showed a dramatically increased speed, so that I had no more excuses for not using this great application.

Anyway, now, with the official release of Google's Picasa Photo management software, you get almost the same. Yesterday, I installed the software on a Windows XP machine for testing purposes, and although Picasa seemed rather hungry for resources (a little bit too hungry, for my taste), it gives you all those great gizmos and options, that Apple already had incorporated in their product. Many of the effects and transitions, applicable to your images, look and behave exactly the same as those in iPhoto. But the best of all, Picasa is free. So, for all of you, who take images with your digital camera, here is the (more or less) ultimate tool for you to manage and enjoy your digital images the same elegant way, as Apple users already do for a long time.

Read: Managing pictures the elegant way

Topic: Sue your school if you don't have the same beliefs as your professors. It's the American way! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Crimbo

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use