The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Mozilla DomRef editable by everyone

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
Mozilla DomRef editable by everyone Posted: Jan 9, 2005 4:17 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: Mozilla DomRef editable by everyone
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Simon Willison begs Mozilla to make their DOM support documentation a wiki. I thought: that’s a damned good idea. So I went off to the DomRef website and grabbed the code, and started poking around for the right wiki engine for people to use, when I noticed that it already is a wiki. There’s an “Edit this page” link at the bottom! Look!
See the 'Edit this Page' link in the footer.
I thought at first that I’d wasted an hour looking at suitable wiki engines: in fact, looking at the history of the domref pages at archive.org shows that the page has had editing enabled since June 2002.
However… you need commit access to the Mozilla CVS to save the changes. Not all that open, although you can see why they did it. I think, as SImon does, that we need a more publically editable copy of these things, to keep all this stuff up-to-date.

Read: Mozilla DomRef editable by everyone

Topic: Proposal for Modifications to ActiveRecord's Inheritance Model, Revision 1 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ubuntu guide

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use