The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Getting a net connection with OpenZaurus and a Sony Ericsson K700i on Orange in the UK

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
Getting a net connection with OpenZaurus and a Sony Ericsson K700i on Orange in the UK Posted: Jan 6, 2005 2:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: Getting a net connection with OpenZaurus and a Sony Ericsson K700i on Orange in the UK
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

I wrote before about how to connect to the net from a Sharp Zaurus using IR and your K700i. Since then, I’ve upgraded to OpenZaurus, and the process under OpenZaurus is a bit more complex.

• Set up the phone the same way as I describe in the previous link
  • On the Z, go into the Network applet in Settings
  • Say “Add”
  • Select “PPP” and say “Add”
  • In “Accounts“, say “New”
  • In “Connection name“, say “GPRS“. Then add the phone number, as described in the link above, and say OK
  • In “Devices“, say “New”
  • “Modem name”: “IR phone” (or whatever you choose). “Modem device”: /dev/ircomm0. “Flow control”: None. “Connection speed”: 115200. Say OK.
  • Say Ok again in the Configure Modem screen
  • Now make sure your new “gprs” connection is selected in the Network Settings screen and say “Start/Stop“.
  • Align the Z and phone and say “Start” to start the connection.

And there you have it.

Read: Getting a net connection with OpenZaurus and a Sony Ericsson K700i on Orange in the UK

Topic: This city was now an armed camp Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Goodbye Lemonheads!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use