The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
iBook History

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christian Machmeier

Nickname: cmachmeier

Christian Machmeier is a web designer and developer in Heidelberg, Germany.
iBook History Posted: Nov 22, 2004 11:15 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Christian Machmeier.
Original Post: iBook History
Feed Title: .redSPLASH - Blog
Feed URL: http://businesslogs.com/WebLog/RSS.xml
Feed Description: Share what you know, learn what you don't
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Christian Machmeier
Latest Posts From .redSPLASH - Blog

Advertisement
I've put together the following little iBook history (in reverse chronological order) of Apple's portable consumer computer model for several reasons, because..
  • I liked to.
  • I'm a little bit ill at the moment and can't think of anything better to do with my time.
  • I'm a proud owner.
  • I'm a kinda fanatic (about its astonishingly beautiful design).
  • the iMac History post was so popular, I wanted to write up another one.
  • ..well, for several other reasons too, but I'm definitely honestly too shy to tell you about (just kidding).
Okay, now that you know, what it is all about, let's start! Here we go: In 1999 Apple released the iBook as the counterpart to the extremely successful iMac. It shipped in iMac's fruity colors and was a low-cost entry-level portable computer. It was targeted at consumer computer users. Different from the iMac History post, I added additional information for each individual model.

iBook G4

iBook G4
  • Introduced: 2003-10-22
  • CPU: PowerPC 7455 (800MHz - 1.33GHz)
  • Displays: 12.1", 14.1"
  • Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3

When introduced in late 2003 this model featured a slightly modified gestalt from its predecessor and had a major overhaul inside.

iBook G3

iBook G3
  • Introduced: 2002-05-20
  • CPU: PowerPC 750fx (600MHz - 900MHz)
  • Displays: 12.1", 14.1"
  • Operating System: Mac OS 9.2.1, Mac OS X

With the introduction of the new model, Apple changed the iBook's successful design to an even more successful design. The processor was still the original Motorola PowerPC 750, but in its advanced version PowerPC 750fx.

iBook G3
  • Introduced: 1999-07-21
  • CPU: PowerPC 750cx (300MHz - 466MHz), PowerPC 750cxe (500MHz - 600MHz)
  • Display: 12.1"
  • Operating System: Mac OS 8.6-9.2, Mac OS X

The classic iBook, after its introduction midst 1999, became a major commercial success for Apple. The pre-orders were above 150.000 machines, which is at the same level as the iPod, when firstly introduced in 2001-10-23.

Read: iBook History

Topic: 29 Podcasting and the Rise of Personal Media 11 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: 15 A Sin to Use Firefox? 11

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use