The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
An interim weblog report

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Cheah Chu Yeow

Nickname: redemption

Cheah Chu Yeow is no one of any importance
An interim weblog report Posted: Jul 22, 2004 7:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Cheah Chu Yeow.
Original Post: An interim weblog report
Feed Title: redemption in a blog
Feed URL: http://blog.codefront.net/xml/rss20/feed.xml
Feed Description: ramblings of a misfit - web development, Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird, CSS, programming
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Cheah Chu Yeow
Latest Posts From redemption in a blog

Advertisement

I was just thinking how it's been ages since I last did one of those monthly reports where I mention website statistics for this site - the last was December 2003. A look at the figures goes to show how little traffic and viewership I got (compared to, er, right now). 6 months ago I was getting 13,728 visits, or 442 visits daily. I'd got 65K visits last month and it's at 60K for the first 20 days of this month - almost 3K visits daily. Nothing to shout at but it is a significant increase (for a nobody like me especially). I'll give a shout when I get the holy PageRank 7 (which just about seems the 'cap' for conventional blogs). Right.

Anyway, what has me most pleased is the number of subscribers to my RSS feed at Bloglines. 224 total subscribers is about a little more than I ever expected possible out of this. And Technorati says there are 256 Links from 196 Sources pointing to this site. Chief among them is kottke.org - even getting listed on his linkblog gave me 1000+ visits. Amazing! And I started noticing the spike in traffic in June, when I wrote gExodus and also quite a few posts on Firefox-related matters which were well-linked.

Anyway, I've just begun to notice that the new ad at that I'd approved is screwing up the website layout and I think I've begun to forget the point of this post, so I'll stop now with the chest-beating. My CSS has always been unsightly and there is a case of slight divitis in the sidebar too - I've been too lazy to do anything though and probably still am.

Read: An interim weblog report

Topic: Gmail Notifier extension for Firefox Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Unfortunate name translation

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use