The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
MT-Blacklist Updater version 0.3

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Cheah Chu Yeow

Nickname: redemption

Cheah Chu Yeow is no one of any importance
MT-Blacklist Updater version 0.3 Posted: Jul 20, 2004 7:45 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Cheah Chu Yeow.
Original Post: MT-Blacklist Updater version 0.3
Feed Title: redemption in a blog
Feed URL: http://blog.codefront.net/xml/rss20/feed.xml
Feed Description: ramblings of a misfit - web development, Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird, CSS, programming
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Cheah Chu Yeow
Latest Posts From redemption in a blog

Advertisement

Ed Morris wrote me earlier today regarding an insidious bug in MT-Blacklist Updater (well, not so much an insidious bug as a logical error on my part). It all started when Ed discovered an annoying (but non-critical) bug:

I noticed that if there is an addition for a site in the changes RSS and then a deletion for that same site in the same changes file then it adds the site to the blacklist and then removes it every time the updater script is run.

When he tried to write a patch for this bug, Ed discovered a more major bug:

I realised that if a site were deleted and then re-added to the blacklist in the same changes file, the site would never get re-added locally (well it would briefly), as all deletions are carried out after additions in the script.

Notice how I like to quote him instead of paraphrasing - a sure sign of... something. I don't know what. Anyway, he fixed the entire damn thing and sent the patch over to me in the same email. All I had to do was to copy over the fixes (don't worry Ed, your PHP's great).

So, if you have an existing installation of MT-Blacklist Updater, update it to version 0.3 if you don't want it to miss any re-added blacklist entries (only those that appear at the same time in the MT-Blacklist changes feed - see Ed's explanation above).

Read: MT-Blacklist Updater version 0.3

Topic: Unfortunate name translation Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Sending to yourname+label@gmail.com labels your email

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use