The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Scoble suggests linking out, that's all I ever do, but I will do it some more just for him

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Scoble suggests linking out, that's all I ever do, but I will do it some more just for him Posted: Jun 10, 2004 1:23 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Scoble suggests linking out, that's all I ever do, but I will do it some more just for him
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

Scoble suggested that we post a list of our favorite and least favorite blogs.  I have to admit that I only read a few blogs from people that I disagree with, so my dislike list is short or not existant, but here are eight of my favorites.

• Neopoleon:  It seems like everyone reads Rory now, which is good because he is entertaining.  I'm starting to feel like I am super trendy because I read his blog before he was on .NET Rocks.
  • Scott Hanselman:  There have been several posts on his site (technical and nontechnical) that really clear things up for me.  One good example is the diabetes post.  I place a lot of value in a blog that I can learn something from on occasion.
  • Don Park:  Don Park posts a lot of good technical content, but for some reason I really like the little parts about Korea that he mixes in.  Again, learning = subscribed.
  • The Scobleizer:  More often than not I don't read his posts until at least the weekend because he is a posting machine, but you have to respect the amount of interesting links.
  • Ensight:  Jeremy from Ensight seems to always be good for an opinion.  Of course that is nothing strange for a blog, but I usually find his opinions interesting and I very often agree.
  • Larkware:  No one can deny the psychological power of a daily serving of information.  I am like a rat pressing a button for a food pellet.  Really though, I find a lot of interesting articles via the links.  Plus the format of the posts themselves are easy to read and useful (The actual website needs a little help though if you ask me.)
  • .Avery Blog:  This is another example of the rat pressing the botton for food syndrome I am afflicted with.  I would miss it if he stopped doing .NET Nightly totally.
  • Ian White:  I think I like Ian for the same reason I like Rory.  Nontechnical posts about cities named "F*cking" mixed in with a few technical commentaries make the site feel more personal.  More like a conversation I would have with my nerd friends face to face.

Read: Scoble suggests linking out, that's all I ever do, but I will do it some more just for him

Topic: Away Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Me + e-mail + The Ivory Coast = Rich as a mofo

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use