The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Toledo Nerd Dinner Update

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Toledo Nerd Dinner Update Posted: May 27, 2004 6:13 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Toledo Nerd Dinner Update
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

It looks like I got a good response about the nerd dinner, so I might as well start planning it.  When I was brainstorming a little I was thinking of Franklin Park Mall (It will always be called Franklin Park to me) Food court.  It would be a nice public place where everyone could find something they like.  The only problem is that it can be noisy there and might be hard to hear each other if there is a good size group.

So the only other place I can think of is Easy Street in downtown Toledo.  They have a little basement room that you can reserve for groups.  I'm not much of a drinker, but there would at least be the option to drink there if someone wanted to.

Aside from that we just need to set a date.  I was thinking maybe a Thursday at 6:00pm or so.  That would give everyone an hour or so to get there from work (I assume most of us work the normal rat race hours.)

Once we get everything setup I might use www.evite.com to send the notices.  I have been looking for a reason to try it for a while now and I think it does RSVP and all that crap automagically.

Give me some feedback on where you would like to have the meeting and when, I am pretty flexible, but I know there is no way to do something that will be perfect for everyone.

Please give me some feedback on what you think for a location and a time.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to throw in a brief description of what you do for a living just so the rest of us know what we are getting ourselves in to.  :)

Read: Toledo Nerd Dinner Update

Topic: Scoble trying out XBox Live! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Server move imminent

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use