The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Why I listen to NPR

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Why I listen to NPR Posted: May 16, 2004 10:02 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Why I listen to NPR
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

I try my best to keep up on what is happening in the world, but I have to admit that I get most of my news from NPR.  I know it is a bad idea to get it from one place, but the car ride is when I listen in since I don't really watch TV or read those archaic newspapers.  Other than the radio I read what interest me on the Internet, but then I am just reading interesting things and not the whole story.

Now NPR is not exactly Rush Limbaugh, but it is still much closer to Air America than it is to unbiased news (like that exists.)  I think they do a good job, but I know that they are going to take the liberal stance whenever possible.  I listen to them because their stories are longer and not just sound bites wrapped up in 45 seconds.  I think that if you can get past the hosts voices being slow and monotone you will find that the stories can be very interesting.  You just have to understand that the hosts are not trying to run the show, the stories are what the shows are all about.  They give a human side

The reason I started listening to NPR for new was simple.  I hate AM.  Not the people that are on AM in specific, but I hate the quality.  My local NPR station (and I think most NPR stations) is on the low end of the FM range, so the sound is as good as it needs to be for a talk show.  After starting to listen I realized that the website is really nice also.  They archive their stories to be heard later by anyone that wants to hear them and they get new stories archived reasonable fast.

I emailed them and suppodedly NPR is working on an RSS feed for all you news geeks out there like me.

Read: Why I listen to NPR

Topic: Links for me. Not for you. Stop reading them. They are mine. Jerks.. Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ieCapture

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use