The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Adding a User Property to Oracle WebCenter Interaction

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ed Tennant

Nickname: edt

Ed Tennant is a portal administrator and Grails developer.
Adding a User Property to Oracle WebCenter Interaction Posted: Nov 4, 2009 2:30 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Ed Tennant.
Original Post: Adding a User Property to Oracle WebCenter Interaction
Feed Title: All the Way to the Beginning
Feed URL: http://allthewaytothebeginning.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Feed Description: Beginning Groovy and Grails topics including books, training, developing with NetBeans, Grails plugins, and hosting.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Ed Tennant
Latest Posts From All the Way to the Beginning

Advertisement
Recently I had to create a portal security group for director level and above employees. Our HR system feeds Active Directory a field containing each persons grade. Based on the grade it is possible to determine which users should be included in the security group. All I needed to do was add a property for grade to the user profile, populate it, and create a group with dynamic memberships based on the contents of the new property.

First, create a new property. I named mine Employee Grade. If you intend to use the property in dynamic group memberships the property must be searchable. Since I know it will be populated by a profile synchronization with Active Directory I made the property read only.

Next, select the utility Global Object Property Map and edit the User object adding the new property.

Then select the utility User Profile Manager and add the property to the User Information – Property Map.

Edit the profile source and add the property to the Property Map. This is where you associate the portal property with the Active Directory field. Now run the profile synch job to populate the new user property with the values from Active Directory. Create a new group and add a statement using the new property in the Dynamic Membership Rules.

There you have it. Your new group will be automatically kept up to date as changes are made to the data in the new property. This is very simple if you remember each step and go in the right order. Oracle WebCenter Interaction integrates profile data from other sources quite well and this is an example of using information in Active Directory.

Read: Adding a User Property to Oracle WebCenter Interaction

Topic: Blacksn0w Demo Video to Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Twidget : Get Twitter Feeds on iPhone OS 3.X lock-screen

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use