The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Cross-post: It's the economy, stupid.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Mark Masterson

Nickname: mastermark

Mark Masterson is a CTO with CSC
Cross-post: It's the economy, stupid. Posted: Apr 10, 2009 10:05 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Mark Masterson.
Original Post: Cross-post: It's the economy, stupid.
Feed Title: Process Perfection
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/MasterMark/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: Life, the Universe, workflow, BPM, Java, Ruby, functional/generative/meta programming, pi calculus, patterns, the Grid, agents, software architecture and the kitchen sink. :)
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Mark Masterson
Latest Posts From Process Perfection

Advertisement

I blog in more than one place. I write about mostly tech stuff here -- programming languages and cloud computing, for example. On the Enterprise2Open blog, I occasionally write about "soft"-er stuff, like management and enterprisey cultural issues. I usually try to refrain from cross posting: if I've written something for one blog, my feeling is that I should leave it to stand (or fall) in that context. But this one feels worth calling out to the broadest possible audience, to me, so I'm breaking that rule here.

I've written a post on the Enterprise2Open blog called "It's the economy, stupid", where I attack some of the underlying, implicit, and -- in my view -- flat out wrong assumptions that are often (usually?) in play in any given discussion about Enterprise 2.0 initiatives / technologies, and return on investment (ROI). Here's a quote:

If you think that ROI is a matter of getting some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet, then you are probably building a house on a foundation of economic quicksand. It will likely sink, and that would be unfortunate.

If you're reading this blog, and don't read, or aren't aware of my stuff on the E2Open blog, I am hereby suggesting that you give this post a read. As is typical for me, I expect it to annoy a large swath of people. If that includes you, please comment on the E2Open blog (rather than here), and give me the opportunity to annoy you even more? Thanks.

Read: Cross-post: It's the economy, stupid.

Topic: Microsoft's Future in the Cloud Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Top 10 Webcams for You

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use