The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
A Software Developer Without Philosophy is Like a Tone-Deaf Composer

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Alex Bunardzic

Nickname: alexbunard

Alex Bunardzic is a Java veteran who made the transition to Ruby and Ruby on Rails
A Software Developer Without Philosophy is Like a Tone-Deaf Composer Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:47 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Alex Bunardzic.
Original Post: A Software Developer Without Philosophy is Like a Tone-Deaf Composer
Feed Title: Ethical Software by Alex Bunardzic
Feed URL: https://www.jooto.com/blog-2.html/feed/
Feed Description: Online community concerned about developing ethical software practices
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Alex Bunardzic
Latest Posts From Ethical Software by Alex Bunardzic

Advertisement

My latest round of interviewing potential candidates for a Rails developer position revealed to me the importance of having software-related philosophy. All the candidates I’ve interviewed so far have never even heard that there is such a thing as software development philosophy. Furthermore, they were at a complete loss as to why would anyone ever [...]

Read: A Software Developer Without Philosophy is Like a Tone-Deaf Composer

Topic: Open Source software in education in the UK Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: OLPC (One Laptop Per Child) available as a VMWare Virtual Appliance

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use