The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
WebsiteTips Redesign Launched

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Douglas Clifton

Nickname: dwclifton

Douglas Clifton is a freelance Web programmer and writer
WebsiteTips Redesign Launched Posted: Mar 25, 2006 9:46 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Douglas Clifton.
Original Post: WebsiteTips Redesign Launched
Feed Title: blogZero
Feed URL: http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/index.php?/feeds/index.rss1
Feed Description: Web Development News, Culture and Opinion
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Douglas Clifton
Latest Posts From blogZero

Advertisement

brainstormsandraves I've been wondering why Shirley Kaiser over at Brainstorms and Raves has been so quiet lately. Turns out, she's been hard at work on a complete redesign for WebsiteTips.

I've always felt the site was an excellent compliment to drx, since we have similar approaches. For instance, both provide a nice overview for each category and have carefully designed navigation systems. Her site is geared more towards designers (Color, Fonts, Graphics, Typography, Design and Layout) while mine tends to be programmer centric. When it comes to things like Markup, JavaScript CSS, and Accessibility, there is some overlap.

Before I go looking foolish, I am aware of the tenure gap—did you know WebsiteTips has been on the map since 1996? And no, I didn't copy her style. In fact, I only discovered WST last year during a period of researching sites that focused on design, since this is not one of my strengths. I admire thoroughness and careful planning, which I recognized immediately. As if to drive this point home, Shirley has even set aside an entire page to explain all aspects of the new design. Kind of reminds me of my Help page, which started out as a simple idea and quickly grew into a big project.

What's that old idiom, "Great minds think alike?" Nice work Shirley! wink

PS. If this post seems a little belated, I apologize. Between recovering from SXSW and having my laptop out of commission (the machine I usually use for reading feeds), I'm still playing catch-up over here.

Related posts: Evolt Redesign Contest.

Read: WebsiteTips Redesign Launched

Topic: Washing dishes Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: OPML 2.0

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use