The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
A Few Good Apps

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Douglas Clifton

Nickname: dwclifton

Douglas Clifton is a freelance Web programmer and writer
A Few Good Apps Posted: Jan 29, 2006 6:50 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Douglas Clifton.
Original Post: A Few Good Apps
Feed Title: blogZero
Feed URL: http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/index.php?/feeds/index.rss1
Feed Description: Web Development News, Culture and Opinion
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Douglas Clifton
Latest Posts From blogZero

Advertisement

sitepoint Harry is looking for a few good examples of PHP applications.

Given that so many applications have been written in PHP, some extremely successful in terms of popularity, are there any applications you’d be happy to point people at for inspiration? Apps which, despite your personal tastes, you think make a good blueprint for doing PHP?

He cites Eventum from the MySQL Technical Support team as one example. Eventum is a bug tracking system, and although I have heard good things about it, I have not looked over the source code or used it myself. If you are shopping for such a system, I would recommend taking a good look at Bugzilla (written in Perl), not only for its maturity but also because of its widespread use—including by such organizations as Mozilla, Apache and Yahoo!

But I digress. As far as good examples of PHP apps go, off the top of my head I might suggest Mark O'Sullivan's Vanilla forum system and MediaWiki by the Wikimedia Foundation.

I'm sure there are countless others, head on over to SitePoint and make your own suggestions.

Read: A Few Good Apps

Topic: Does Social Software Equal Conversation? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Google Pack

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use